Day 2: 22 November, Conference Programme
Day 2: 22 November
Registration & Exhibition Visit
Opening Keynote: The Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills will outline the steps the Government is taking to improve the education system in Scotland and the vital infrastructure that supports it
- Fiona Robertson Director of Learning - Scottish Government
- John Swinney Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills
Coffee Break & Networking
Evidence-based school design for results - Professor Peter Barrett, University of Salford Schools are for education and it seems reasonable to think that school buildings should be designed to positi...
- Diarmaid Lawlor Director of Place - Architecture and Design Scotland
A New ASN Secondary School for Falkirk Council: Design Choices and Initial Feedback - Richard Teed, Falkirk Children's Services The newly built Carrongrange High School opens in Grangemouth in August...
- Alex Donaldson Director - Scott Brownrigg
Lunch & Networking
Inspiring Learning, Inspiring a Generation West Calder High School: Inspired Learning Space - The pupils of West Calder High School, & Greg Coburn “Learning without walls” Coordinator. A sp...
- David McEwan Education Services Estate Programme Manager - Glasgow City Council
Designing for innovation - Maggie Barlow, SPACE Strategies Increasingly investment in the education and learning estate is being viewed as an opportunity to support and catalyse change, new ways of d...
- Jonathan Moore Head of Funding & Infrastructure - Scottish Government’s Learning Directorate
Learning Spaces Workshop
- Laura Mason Head of Education Services - West Dunbartonshire Council
A Community Entitlement for Young People? - Dona Milne, NHS Lothian Although the school curriculum provides these opportunities within a formal education environment, children and young people are a...
- Colin MacLennan Business Development Director - Morrison Construction